- 6 sun-dried tomatoes
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 to 1 jalapeño pepper, seeds and veins discarded, minced
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) Black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups frozen thawed whole kernel corn
- 1 to 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 3/4 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) fat-free Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled Mexican white or farmer's cheese
Pour hot water over sun-dried tomatoes in small bowl; let stand until tomatoes are soft, about 10 minutes. Drain tomatoes and coarsely chop.
Spray large saucepan with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot.
Sauté onion, garlic and jalapeño pepper until tender, about 5 minutes.
Combine all ingredients, except cheeses, in 11/2-quart casserole; sprinkle cheeses over top. Bake, covered, at 350°F until bean mixture is hot, about 30 minutes or microwave on medium high for 20 minutes. Discard bay leaf.
Nutritional Information Per Main Dish Serving (1a cup each)
Calories 387, Carbohydrate 72 g, Protein 30 g, Fat 6 g, % of Calories from Fat 12, Sodium 863 mg and Cholesterol 16 m